This one-day instructor-led course provides students with experience at creating more elaborate worksheets and workbooks in Microsoft Office Excel 2007 to display data in more effective ways.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Basic computer knowledge
- Basic file-management skills
- Basic knowledge of the Excel interface and workbook creation
Module 1: More Calculations and Formatting
- This module explains how to create conditional formulas, identify and correct formula errors, and conditionally modify the appearance of data.
- Summarizing Data That Meets Specific Conditions
- Finding and Correcting Errors in Calculations
- Changing the Appearance of Data Based on Its Value
Module 2: More Charts and Graphics
- This module explains how to tailor a chart to best show your data and how to print them. The module also explains how to add visual objects such as images and diagrams.
- Customizing the Appearance of Charts
- Finding Trends in Your Data
- Printing Charts
- Adding Images to Worksheets
- Creating Diagrams by Using SmartArt
Module 3: Data Lists
- This module explains how to limit the data that can be entered in a worksheet, how to filter data, and how to manipulate and sort data lists.
- Defining Valid Sets of Values for Ranges of Cells
- Limiting Data That Appears on Your Screen
- Manipulating List Data
- Sorting Data Lists
Module 4: More Data Lists
- This module explains how to organize data to show the information you want, look up information in data lists and use data lists as templates, and how to print all or part of a data list.
- Organizing Data into Levels
- Looking Up Information in a Data List
- Using Data Lists as Templates for Other Lists
- Printing Data Lists
- Printing Parts of Data Lists
Module 5: Data from Multiple Sources
- This module explains how to link data in other worksheets and workbooks, and how to consolidate and group multiple sets of data.
- Linking to Data in Other Worksheets and Workbooks
- Consolidating Multiple Sets of Data into a Single Workbook
- Grouping Multiple Sets of Data
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Summarize data that meets specific conditions.
- Find and correct errors in calculations.
- Change the appearance of data based on its value.
- Customize the appearance of charts.
- Find trends in your data.
- Print charts.
- Add images to worksheets.
- Create diagrams by using SmartArt.
- Define valid sets of values for ranges of cells.
- Limit data that appears on your screen.
- Manipulate list data.
- Sort data lists.
- Organize data into levels.
- Look up information in a data list.
- Use data lists as templates for other lists.
- Print data lists.
- Print parts of data lists.
- Link to data in other worksheets and workbooks.
- Consolidate multiple sets of data into a single workbook.
- Group multiple sets of data.
This course is intended for information workers who want to learn intermediate-level Excel 2007 skills.