The Managing App and Desktop Solutions with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6 course provides students with the skills required to effectively support a Citrix application and desktop virtualization solution in a Windows Server 2012 R2 environment. During this course, students will learn how to successfully manage, monitor, support and troubleshoot a XenDesktop 7.6 solution, which includes growing the implementation to accommodate changes in the environment (adding new applications, new users, new desktops, and new policies) and troubleshooting common issues.
- An understanding of server, desktop and application virtualization concepts
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 R2, specifically Active Directory, Domains, Groups and User Accounts, Organizational Units, Group Policy Objects
- Experience with Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 user interfaces
- Basic storage knowledge (manage existing storage types, add new storage)
- Basics of Citrix licensing
- Familiarity with at least one hypervisor (XenServer, Hyper-V, or vSphere)
- Basic understanding of the different types of profiles (local, roaming, mandatory)
- Completed the following courses or can demonstrate equivalent knowledge of CXD-102 Introduction to XenDesktop 7, CXA-104 Citrix XenApp 7.6: Overview
- Understand the XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6 architecture, components, and communication
- Delegate administration and manage licenses
- Manage the XenApp and XenDesktop infrastructure
- Create and manage machine catalogs and Delivery Groups
- Manage StoreFront
- Create and manage policies and end-user profiles
- Manage sessions, sites, and end users with Director
- Manage printing
- Manage Provisioning Services
This course is recommended for Operators and Administrators that need to manage an existing XenApp or XenDesktop 7.6 solution.
- In addition to field experience, this course prepares candidates for the Managing XenDesktop 7 Solutions exam. By passing the Managing Citrix XenDesktop 7 Solutions exam, candidates will gain the new Citrix Certified Associate – Apps and Desktops certification. Go here to learn more about the new Citrix Certifications.